Friday 24 January 2014

Doing the unthinkable.

     So, in talking with people today it was decided that I should do something with what I had written (something you will get to read fairly soon).  Though I am nowhere near the wordsmith that Shane Koyczan is I was moved by his spoken word poem and the video as well as movement that followed.  If you haven't experienced it yet, it is an anti-bullying thing about surviving--something that hit very much at home and I fell in love with it, showing it to everyone at my Psych Rehab group and posting it numerous times on Facebook.  It can be seen here.  It is such a powerful thing and it is something that I am hopping to attain even a fraction of the power he has tapped into.

     After speaking to people at the center as well as my wife I came to a very serious decision: contact Mr. Koyczan and ask how he got his movement started.  Navigating the site I found that the easiest way to get in contact with him is via Twitter.

     Let me say that I generally dislike the concept of Twitter.  I find it very difficult to conduct a thought in 140 characters or less and simply don't understand how to get information across to people that way.  And yet, after years of resistance I have finally caved to the idea and joined.

     Yes, that's right, I'm on the Twitters: @Reisender314

     A part of me feels dirty to be honest.  As though I've betrayed a part of my integrity.
--JJM

No comments:

Post a Comment